Hudson Valley Travel Teams
Hillcrest's travel lacrosse teams participate in the Hudson Valley Chapter of U.S. Lacrosse. The philosophy of the Hudson Valley Chapter is to promote the game of lacrosse for all players without an overemphasis on winning and losing. There are no playoffs and no standings- each game is just that, a game.
We currently field teams in 3 age groups* (both boys and girls) based on the current school grade of the player:
- 3/4 Grade
- 5/6 Grade
- 7/8 Grade
* Teams will only be formed if there is sufficient enrollment.
For the 2022 Hillcrest Spring Lacrosse season, teams will play in approximately two tournaments and six games. Practices will be on Friday evenings and Saturdays, with games and tournament dates to be determined. We are using TIBBETTS as our home field. New jerseys will be provided to each player (cost included in registration fee). We look forward to a fun season!
2022 - COVID UPDATE – Due to Covid, Hillcrest will not be able to supply protective equipment for the players.
Please follow this link to order equipment if need be:
Men’s lacrosse: https://www.sportstop.com/products/stx-stallion-75-lacrosse-starter-kit-gloves-shoulder-pads-arm-pads-helmet
Women’s lacrosse: https://www.sportstop.com/collections/womens-lacrosse-protective-equipment/products/stx-exult-200-4sight-girls-lacrosse-starter-set-package-stick-goggles-and-backpack
Player / Parent Code of Conduct
- Players on the Hudson Valley travel teams represent Hillcrest against opponents from other towns and lacrosse leagues and as such, players AND parents are expected to conduct themselves with the highest degree of sportsmanship, win or lose.
- Hillcrest's lacrosse coaches are empowered by Hillcrest to remove from a game or practice any player or parent
- who uses profanity toward players, referees, coaches, opponents, or opposing parents,
- who verbally abuses players, referees, coaches, opponents, or opposing parents,
- who engages in fighting
- who is intoxicated
- Parents are expected to notify coaches if their son/daughter cannot make a game or practice at least 2 hours before the start time.
- Parents are expected to have their players at games or practices ON TIME as determined by their coach.