This Division is for players that are 11 to 12 years old.
The date used to determine a players age is their age on 12/31 of the prior calendar year of the applicable Spring Season.
Age eligible players are must be born on or between 1/1/06-12/31/07.
-- If a player turns 11 after the cut-off dater, they are too young and NOT eligible for this division UNLESS they attend a tryout for the Gidgets Division AND are accepted into division by the Commissioner.
-- If a player turns 13 after the cut-off date they are not eligible for and will be moved to Junior Division UNLESS there is an acceptable reason presented to the Commissioner (this occurs on a limited basis)
- Teams are selected with generally 12 to 15 players on a team.
- Games are played against other Clubs in the Yonkers Softball Federation.
- Each player participates in the batting order and fielding positions (10 fielders). Players pitch.
- This is a competitive division. There are standings recorded and end of season playoffs.
- Trophies are awarded to only the first place team.
- Tryouts are conducted only for purposes of determining evenly matched teams (there is no guarantee this will be the ultimate result).
- If you are age eligible for this division, you will be placed on a team as long as your registration has been submitted on time AND your
registration fees have been paid in full.
- Once registration ends and teams are selected late registrations will be subject to a wait list.
- Schedules cannot be set until coaches are selected, teams are formed and field permits secured but generally there is 1 weekday and 1 weekend game.
1. Jnuary to mid-March: Registration
2. Mid-Late March: Coaches determined and Teams selected
3. Early-Mid April: Practices begin (weather dependent)
4. Late April to Mid June: Games