This Division is for players that are 9 to 10 years old.
The date used to determine a players age is their age on December 31 of the PRIOR calendar year.
Age eligible players are must be born on or between 1/1/08 - 12/31/09.
Example: If a player turns 9 after the cut-off date, they are too young and NOT eligible for this division UNLESS they attend tryouts for Gidget Division AND are accepted by the Commissioner.
Example: If a player turns 11 before the cut-off date, they are not eligible for this division and will be moved to Debs Div UNLESS there is an acceptable reason presented to the Commissioner (this occurs on a limited basis)
- Teams are selected with generally 13-14 players on a team.
- Games are only played against other Clubs in the Yonkers Softball Federation (other Yonkers Recreational Clubs).
- Each child participates in the batting order and fielding positions (10 fielders). Players pitch.
- This is a competitive division. There are standings recorded and end of season playoffs.
- Trophies are awarded to only the first place team.
- Participation Trophies are no longer awarded to all players.
- Tryouts are conducted solely for purposes of determining matched teams.
- If you are age eligible for this division, you will be placed on a team as long as your registration has been submitted on time AND your registration fees are paid in full.
- Once registration ends and teams are selected late registrations will be subject to a wait list.
- Schedules cannot be set until coaches are selected, teams are formed and field permits secured but generally there is 1 weekday game and 1 weekend game for this age group.
1. January to mid-March: Registration
2. Mid-Late March: Coaches determined and Teams selected
3. Early-Mid April: Practices begin (weather dependent)
4. Late April to Mid June: Games