This Division is for players that are 6 or 7 years olds (generally in 1st and 2nd grade).
The date used to determine a players age is their age on December 31 of the PRIOR calendar year.
Age eligible players are must be born on or between .
Example 2: If a player turns 7 on after the curt-off date, they are too young and NOT eligible for this division UNLESS they attend a tryout AND are accepted into the division by the Commissioner.
Example 3: If a player turns 9 before the cut-off date, they are not eligible for Ponytails and will be moved to Gidgets UNLESS there is an acceptable reason presented to the Commissioner (this occurs on a limited basis)
- Teams are selected with generally 11 or 12 players on a team.
- Games are generally played against other Hillcrest teams (provided there are enough Hillcrest teams, otherwise games will include other clubs).
- Each child participates in the batting order and fielding positions (10 fielders). Coaches pitch each game (NO pitching by players).
- This division is non-competitive. There are no standings recorded and no playoffs. Participation trophies are awarded to all players.
- Tryouts are conducted only for purposes of determining evenly matched teams (there is no guarantee this will be the ultimate result).
- If you are age eligible for this division, you will be placed on a team as long as your registration is submitted on time
AND your registration fee are paid in full.
- Once registration ends and teams are selected, late registrations will be subject to a wait list.
- Schedules cannot be set until coaches are selected, teams are formed and field permits secured but generally there is 1 weekday and 1 weekend game.
1. January to mid-March: Registration
2. Mid-Late March: Coaches determined and Teams selected
3. Early-Mid April: Practices begin (weather dependent)
4. Late April to Mid June: Games