The Hillcrest Lacrosse Program
Hillcrest began participating in the Hudson Valley youth lacrosse program in 2007. Each spring, our boys and girls travel teams play approximately 10 games throughout the Hudson Valley region and also participate in tournaments and jamborees. Hillcrest also holds an introductory lacrosse clinic for K through 2nd graders in the spring.
Our philosophy is to promote the game of lacrosse for our youth players by emphasizing the development of lacrosse skills, teamwork, respect for rules and others, and of course, FUN!
All Hillcrest lacrosse players are also encouraged to become members of US Lacrosse. Log onto the US Lacrosse website to become a member, fee is only $25 for youth players. Be sure to choose Hillcrest as your group.
Spring Registration / Fees: Grades 3rd to 8th
- All players must be Hillcrest members. To become a Hillcrest member there is a membership fee to join for each calendar year. Membership entitles a family to register their children for any sport offered during the calendar year (subject to timely registration for each such sport and tryouts for travel teams). There is a separate fee due for each sport/season program.
- Grades 3rd-8th: Online registration will take place January 1 to April 1. We will be placing those registering on wait lists and added to teams ONLY if there is space available and if there are enough players for each age group. Please register promptly.
- Fees for the Spring Season are
- Boys K-2nd Grade Clinic: $95
- Boys 3rd-4th Grade: $200
- Boys 5th-8th Grade: $200
- Girls K-2nd Grade Clinic: $95
- Girls 3rd-8th Grade: $200
- Grades K through 2nd: Online registration will take place from January 1 to mid April for the spring lacrosse clinic.
- Only Credit Cards are accepted for payment.
Fields / Schedules
- Practices for the teams will begin mid-March, weather permitting.
- Games will begin mid-April and run through early June.
- Practices and home games for the Hudson Valley travel teams will be at Tibbetts Brook Park in Yonkers. Practices will generally be on Fridays and Saturdays. Away games may be on other days. Clinics are typically held Saturday morning.
- Clinics will start in April. Field availability and time is subject to change.
Boys Required Equipment
- Boys lacrosse stick, regulation size for all ages
- Helmet and mouthpiece;
- Gloves, chest protector, elbow pads
- Protective cup
- Rib pads are optional, but highly recommended
- Please contact a coach if you have any questions regarding equipment. Due to Covid, all players must supply their own equipment.
Girls Required Equipment
- Girls lacrosse stick, no mesh, small pocket
- Mouthpiece - cannot be clear or white; any excess in front must be clipped off
- Lacrosse eye goggles
- Players may not wear earrings, bracelets, necklaces or jewelry of any kind.
- Hair must not obstruct a player’s vision; ponytails must be secured by rubber bands or soft material, not hard plastic clips.
- In cold weather, girls lacrosse gloves are recommended; they are similar to softball batting gloves.
Spring Clinic Programs
Each spring Hillcrest hosts a 6-week introductory clinic for boys and girls in grades K and 2nd. No special equipment is required and sticks are provided. This clinic is intended to provide an early look at the game for a nominal fee.
Parents Guide To Lacrosse
A very good introductory guide is available online for those who want to learn about the history, rules, player positions, field diagrams, and related information concerning boys and girls lacrosse.
Hudson Valley Lacrosse - local chapter of the US Lacrosse organization www.hudsonvalleylacrosse.com
Inside Lacrosse - lacrosse news www.insidelacrosse.com
Lax.com - lacrosse scores and information www.lax.com
LaxLinks - a collection of links to lacrosse companies, teams, organizations, news, and resources related to lacrosse. www.laxlinks.com
US Lacrosse - the national governing body of men's and women's lacrosse; rules, education and training videos, etc. www.uslacrosse.org
Women’s Lax – women’s lacrosse information www.womenslax.com